7 Ways to Stay Active That You Will Actually Enjoy
Are you struggling to stay motivated about hitting the gym up everyday to do the same old workout? Can’t bare to walk another kilometer on the treadmill for fear of collapsing from boredom? You’re not alone! Here are 7 ways to keep yourself active and healthy that you will actually enjoy.
1) Have a weekend free and want to enjoy the beautiful weather? Take a friend with you and head out on a beautiful hike in your local area. Not only will the varying inclines and distances be great for your fitness, but the fresh air and peaceful nature is good for your mind and soul too.
2) Yoga is a great way to improve your flexibility, balance and coordination, tone your body and focus on your breathing and mental relaxation. Whilst not being an intense sport, adding yoga into your workout regime will benefit you both physically and mentally. If you want to get a more intense workout, give hot yoga a try!
3) Boxing is a great way to get a good cardio workout, and it’s also a lot of fun! This is a high intensity workout that will get your Adrenalin pumping and leave you sweating at the end of the class.
4) Grab a friend or two and head out for a walk around your suburb or city. This is a great chance to catch up with them while also getting your daily exercise in. Multi-tasking at its best!
5) Whether this is in a pool or in the ocean, swimming is a great and enjoyable exercise, especially when the weather is warm. It works well to improve your cardiovascular system as well as toning your muscles and improving your joints without putting too much strain on them.
6) Who doesn’t love to dance?! Did you know that dancing is one of the best high intensity workouts you can do? Add some body weights and you’ll be pushing your body to the limit as you move and groove to the music. Check out your local Zumba class for a fun atmosphere or try your hand at salsa dancing.
7) Grab your girlfriends and join the latest health and fitness craze – barre workouts! A Barre workout is a total body workout focusing on toning and creating leaner muscles as well as incorporating yoga for shaping. Barre classes take inspiration from the graceful world of ballet, so it is a fun and enjoyable way to work out.